How do you as a property owner differentiate yourself from your competitors? Just last week I discussed how important online video is for the travel industry – but it is worth it to discuss even further! With video accounting for more than one third of consumer Internet traffic, adding video to your marketing mix right now is a great way to differentiate your property from your competitors.
According to eMarketer, adding video to a marketing plan is right behind maybe- second only to having a Social Media plan in importance. And many Social Media sites now incorporate video into their applications! This means you can communicate via Social Media sites not only through content but with videos too. The best part about Social Media sites like YouTube, MetaCafe, Vimeo, Viddlr, and Fliggo is they’re FREE and you don’t carry the bandwidth costs.
Here are some of the latest trends in online video from SearchEngineWatch.com:
From the comScore Video Metrix:
- 178 million American Internet users watched online video in April 2010 (this is 83.5% of total US Internet audience).
- 21.7 million Canadian Internet users watched over 4 billion online videos in April.
- 35.7 million Americans watched 13.0 billion videos on YouTube – that’s 96 videos per viewer in the US.
- If YouTube were a nation, it would be the 3rd most populous country in the world – behind China & India and ahead of the US and Indonesia – 450 million people worldwide view more than 60 billion videos each month on YouTube.com
- YouTube is basically the 2nd most-used search engine to Google (SmallBizTrends.com)
People connect with video – especially travelers. Travelers connect easier with a video rather than content or photos – it’s instant information. Consumers feel more comfortable with purchases after viewing video. In addition, people like doing business with REAL people and video gives your business a personality. Continue reading
Either creating a memorable brand image or explaining a complex product or service, video is effective. But does online video really work for direct response, or for lead generation? Research says yes. If your online advertising doesn’t include video, here’s a glimpse of what your message is missing out on.