Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, oh my! Who can keep up with it all? We’ve all heard about social media marketing and how it’s free marketing- monetarily, that is. Where you pay the big bucks though, is with your time. The good news is that there are ways to manage multiple social media applications at once and save you sanity and hours. The bad news is that even among these solutions, there are a lot of options. So, I’m going to start with the most popular ones and let you know what my thoughts are from playing around with them. Right now we’ll start with Hootsuite.
The answer is YES! Facebook is evolving into more than just a purely “social” site. There are new ways to reach people through Facebook that help qualify them for travel and lodging businesses. Let’s start with some clear statistics which can be found on the Facebook Statistics page.
– There are more than 400 million active users
– 50% of active users login everyday
– The average user has 130 friends
– People spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook
– There are over 160 million pages, groups, and events that people interact with
– The average user is connected to 60 pages, groups, and events