A while back I wrote an article on online video and why it’s key for the hospitality industry. Consumers are still engaging with video at staggering levels and travelers can connect with a property through video a lot faster and more easily than browsing through photos. So if you are a resort or hotel owner and have video of your property, are you distributing it on the Web? Here are the Top 5 Ways to Use Online Video – check out the post and see if you have used any of these. They are all extremely beneficial for communicating your property’s brand!
Check out the Top 5 Ways to Use Online Video on the VEM GlobalTM blog!
Online video is obviously a huge trend right now – see my post Online Video – why it’s key for the hospitality industry for some stats you can’t ignore. We at VEM Global™ have recognized this trend and we developed an exciting video commercial advertising opportunity. Using video footage of your property, we can cut, edit, and produce a high quality 15- or 30-second video commercial that advertises the current deal or promotion of your choice.
Then we can air your commercial throughout our extensive online video network, which includes premiere sites like YouTube (one of the top five most visited sites on the Web). We can run your commercial either pre-roll, mid-roll, and also geo-target to specific areas and audiences.
Below is an example of one of our latest commercials - Hope Lake Lodge & Indoor Waterpark in New York. To learn more about how VEM Global™ can produce and broadcast a video commercial for your property please call 1.866.757.8229 or visit the VEM Global™ video services page.
Hope Lake Lodge & Indoor Waterpark – Cortland, NY
Here are some of the latest trends in online video from SearchEngineWatch.com:
From the comScore Video Metrix:
- 178 million American Internet users watched online video in April 2010 (this is 83.5% of total US Internet audience).
- 21.7 million Canadian Internet users watched over 4 billion online videos in April.
- 35.7 million Americans watched 13.0 billion videos on YouTube – that’s 96 videos per viewer in the US.
- If YouTube were a nation, it would be the 3rd most populous country in the world – behind China & India and ahead of the US and Indonesia – 450 million people worldwide view more than 60 billion videos each month on YouTube.com
- YouTube is basically the 2nd most-used search engine to Google (SmallBizTrends.com)
People connect with video – especially travelers. Travelers connect easier with a video rather than content or photos – it’s instant information. Consumers feel more comfortable with purchases after viewing video. In addition, people like doing business with REAL people and video gives your business a personality. Continue reading
Either creating a memorable brand image or explaining a complex product or service, video is effective. But does online video really work for direct response, or for lead generation? Research says yes. If your online advertising doesn’t include video, here’s a glimpse of what your message is missing out on.