Here are some of the latest trends in online video from SearchEngineWatch.com:
- 178 million American Internet users watched online video in April 2010 (this is 83.5% of total US Internet audience).
- 21.7 million Canadian Internet users watched over 4 billion online videos in April.
- 35.7 million Americans watched 13.0 billion videos on YouTube – that’s 96 videos per viewer in the US.
- If YouTube were a nation, it would be the 3rd most populous country in the world – behind China & India and ahead of the US and Indonesia – 450 million people worldwide view more than 60 billion videos each month on YouTube.com
- YouTube is basically the 2nd most-used search engine to Google (SmallBizTrends.com)
People connect with video – especially travelers. Travelers connect easier with a video rather than content or photos – it’s instant information. Consumers feel more comfortable with purchases after viewing video. In addition, people like doing business with REAL people and video gives your business a personality. Continue reading